Hey, what song is that? SoundHound makes it simple to identify music playing around you. Whether you’re in the car or out and about – open the app, hit the big orange SoundHound button, let your phone listen for a few seconds, and we’ll tell you exactly what’s playing!
- Defines a song instantly.
- Shows site links for similar things.
- SoundHound’s interface is cluttered and visually unattractive.
How to discover music?
- Tap the SoundHound button in the app, in the notification center widget, or via 3D touch on the app icon to discover music playing around you! We’ll let you know everything about the song including title, artist, album, and lyrics!
- Have a song stuck in your head? Press the SoundHound button, sing or hum the tune, and we’ll do the rest!
- Keep track of all your discoveries in your own personal history
- Use the Apple Watch app to quickly identify music and sing-along with LiveLyrics. Users with a cellular-enabled Apple Watch can use the app without being connected to an iPhone
If you’re having trouble naming that tune, just fire up SoundHound to speak, sing, hum, or type out a song for the music-identification service to identify. The app is available in both a free version and a paid, ad-free version dubbed SoundHound Infinity.
Right when you open SoundHound, you’ll see the big orange button up top. This is the key to the app’s primary function. Give the button a single tap, place your mobile device up to a music source (or as close as you can get), and watch as SoundHound searches its enormous database for a match. You can put your device directly onto a speaker or just drop it on your passenger seat while your radio is playing. In either scenario, SoundHound should be able to do its job so long as the volume of the source isn’t too low or too loud and distorted. Typically, the app needs between 3 and 10 seconds of “listening” in order to bring back any search results.
- Songs you discover can be played back for free via our built-in YouTube player
- View lyrics when playing back a song from YouTube
- SoundHound comes with ‘OK Hound…’, an incredibly fast and accurate way to find great music with your voice. Hound is built with natural language understanding, so speak like you would with a friend.
- Simply say ‘OK Hound….’ from any screen or tap the microphone on the play page. Once you see the listening panel, you can follow up with commands including:
‘OK Hound…show me my discoveries’
‘OK Hound…Show me what I can say’
‘OK Hound…what’s that song?’
‘OK Hound… Play Hello by Adele’
‘OK Hound… Show me lyrics to Castle on the hill’
‘OK Hound…Play today’s top songs’’
Add to Spotify Playlist (registration required)
‘OK Hound…Add this song to my playlist’
- Build personalized playlists through Spotify (SoundHound account and music subscription required)
- Access Spotify playlists for a richer playback experience through SoundHound
- View and interact with real-time, moving lyrics for your songs with LiveLyrics(r)
- Keep all of your discoveries in sync across multiple devices
|How to uninstall|