Experience Evie — an unparalleled home screen replacement, designed with performance in mind.
|Author:||Evie Labs Inc.|
|Category:||Mobile Phone Management|
- Good for large-screen devices
- Distinctive apps menu
- Not quite as feature-rich as Nova
|Author:||Evie Labs Inc.|
|How to uninstall|
- Universal Search. Search inside all of your apps in one place. Let us do the hard work for you!
- Quick Navigation. Not in the mood to use our lightning-fast search? Swipe up for instant access to all of your apps instead.
- Custom Shortcuts. Long press on search results to create custom shortcuts. Need to “Call mom” in a jiffy? Make it a shortcut!
- Personalization. Import and customize layout, wallpaper, icon size, app icons, icon size, or start from scratch! You are unique, and we think your home screen should be too.
The Evie Launcher keeps a minimal setup of 4-5 icons on the main screen. You can replace and add those apps which you use or need very often. There’s a constant search bar on the top which lets its user search for apps or contacts from anywhere. Evie launcher keeps the dock turned off but the latest update allows it to turn it back on.
The apps can be distributed into any grid size from 5×6 to 12×12. Not only this, but you can also customize the size of icons and font sizes. The search bar was a bit annoying as it used to pop out whenever you swipe down for notifications. However, the recent update gives you an option to change gesture control.
So now if you swipe up from below, you’ll get an All Apps list where you can tap to access any app installed on your device. This is just like all apps on any android smartphone but instead of the grid pattern, all applications are arranged in a long list. The latest update also added a new feed to showcases news and stories. The feed offers several options to choose and customize it as you like. It can be accessed from the swiping the left to right just like Google Now on Google Now Launcher.
As mentioned earlier you can edit and change the home screen, enabling scrolling wallpaper option. Users can edit the icon pack and choose the set they like the most. Gestures control support has been recently added, however you can’t open apps directly from the gestures.
In Evie Launcher you can touch the voice option in the search bar and converse with the Google Assistant right away. One of the most interesting features is that it can hide any app from the app menu, without the help of another third-party solution. These nifty add-ons are some features that make Evie a great launcher. Most of the users who liked Google Launcher can jump into it and experience the similarity. It offers a highly efficient user experience with its simple add-ons. The features which were lacking earlier like the full customizations and control for the user has been updated with the recent updates.